Brandon's Reviews > Teenage Rewrite

Teenage Rewrite by Brandon  Williams

Mar 01, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: favorites, young-adult, lgbt, realistic

I might be a little biased since I wrote it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teenage Rewrite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney Edson Lol. Sounds great!

message 2: by Suhara (new) - added it

Suhara Jayasena Is this book out in London cause i can't find it any where

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah The main character sounds like a slightly older, male version of me! I REALLY want to read it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it on my reading app, so I have to wait until I go to the book store. Thank you!

Brandon Hi all! Right now Teenage Rewrite is just available as an ebook, either through Amazon or Barnes & Noble. In the future I'm hoping to do a self-pub print edition.

Brandon Thank you for the interest in my book! It's been really fun seeing people identify with my characters.

message 6: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Can I ask you: what's it's like to be a professional writer? I am working on several stories currently, but, honestly, I'm not sure it's what I want to do for the next sever years. And, by the way, I REALLY appreciate you getting back to me! That's SOOOOO cool!!!! I know you're super busy, so for you to take the time to write a response, means a lot to me!

Brandon Hey! That's very flattering that you think I'm a professional! I like to think of my writing as a super fun hobby that I do. My main job is as a bookseller, working with kids and sharing a love for stories. Books are really my passion, and writing is a neat extension of that. For me, I really wanted to write stories that I wasn't finding. It seems like finding a relatable bisexual character is rare, and I really love books that focus on the subtle, personal interactions between two people. Levithan does a great job with this, and Boy Meets Boy was definitely an inspiration for my writing style. Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second was also a big inspiration as I really like Charlie's internal dialogue and obsessive personality. And that was just a really funny book.

That's awesome that you've been writing! I wouldn't worry about the time. Make sure that your writing for fun. If it's not fun, you won't want to do it and it might not turn out well. I've found my best writing comes from when I'm able to just focus on the natural flow of what's happening and I just start thinking like my characters. If it's a day I don't feel like writing, I usually just pass because I find my writing gets kind of stilted.

Thank you for the questions! Keep writing and reading!

message 8: by Hulttio (new)

Hulttio Your review alone has convinced me to read this book.

I wish everyone on this site wrote such thoughtful and poignant reviews. As for honesty, I'll have to see for myself.

message 9: by Shylo (new) - added it

Shylo I really enjoyed this book. So I looked you up and seen that you possibly had another book coming out. It sounded interesting are you still going to release it?

Brandon Cool! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed my book. Yes, I'm definitely planning on releasing that other one. I'm just not entirely sure when. I've been super busy with work & general life stuff to where it's been put on the back burner for a while. Thanks for asking!

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah What's your new book about? What's the title?

Brandon Here's a description along with an image of the book cover:

message 13: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah COOL!!! Please try to hurry up and finish it!