Melanie's Reviews > Fantastical

Fantastical by Kristen Ashley

This book was cute, a bit on the fluffy side and no where near as riveting as 'The Golden Dynasty', the previous book in the series.

While this book follows the adventures of yet another modern women unexpectedly waking up in an alternate reality where she has to pose as her doppelgänger, the lucky lady (Cora) isn't nearly as charismatic as other KA heroines. Sure she's a girly-girl of sorts but she's somewhat lacking in the posse department and not as "sassy". The hero, Noctorno (or Tor) is supposedly a warrior prince, but compared to Dax Lahn from 'The Golden Dynasty', the guy is as intimidating as a new-born puppy.

Overall, this book reminded me of that Disney movie 'Enchanted' - complete with small, talking birds. So if Disney-esque love-stories (that include some naughty-fun) are your thing than I would definitely recommend this. If, however, you're not into cutesy fantastical romances than I would skip this one and stick to Kristen Ashley's other amazing books.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantastical.

Dutchess Hmmmm, I just started reading this a couple hours ago. Great minds! =)

Melanie Hah! Great minds indeed :) So far I'm liking it... how about you? Hey does this count as a buddy read??

Dutchess I like it so far. I was worried it was going to be too much like Wildest Dreams but so far so good. =) Definitely a buddy read.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nice review, Melanie! The word "doppelganger" is written "Doppelgänger" in German. Almost the same...

message 5: by Melanie (last edited Mar 02, 2012 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melanie Thanks Baba! Hmmm, I just did some research and this is what I found: "As is true for all common nouns in German, the word is written with an initial capital letter. In English, the word is conventionally uncapitalized (doppelgänger). It is also common to drop the diacritic umlaut, writing "doppelganger."
Umlauts are cool so I think I'll add it in the review. LOL :D

Dutchess I just finished it this morning. I totally, 100% agree with your review. =)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Melanie wrote: "Thanks Baba! Hmmm, I just did some research and this is what I found: "As is true for all common nouns in German, the word is written with an initial capital letter. In English, the word is conven..."

Wow, that's perfect! LOL

Kristen Good and honest review! I'm a little leery of these books, but I love KA so I'll read them anyway. Lol.

message 9: by Vallsykes (last edited Oct 28, 2012 10:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vallsykes "compared to Dax Lahn from 'The Golden Dynasty', the guy is as intimidating as a new-born puppy."
LMAO...I am with ya there.
Good review.

Melanie LOL! Thanks Vallsykes ;)