Ann's Reviews > Love Unrehearsed

Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber

Sep 21, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, romance-drama
Read from September 14 to 20, 2012

LOVED IT, absolutely loved it. 4.5 stars. Thanks TR, the wait was agonizing. After the angst ridden roller coaster of the first bk (Love Unscripted) I wasn't sure how Ryan/Taryn would fair this time. Well let me tell you, finally they're solid. Oh sure they have their minor ups and downs but there's no mistaking their love and commitment. I had an instance or two where I thought Taryn might be leaning towards another Love Unrehearsed meltdown, but she rallied quickly after giving herself a pep talk and was back on even ground. Whew! I wanted to give her such a smack in bk 1 and there are references to the BIG meltdown near the end of the first bk and her thoughts now on how she acted. Yes, she regrets her actions and feels stupid having overreacted. Sure hindsight is always 20/20 but I appreciated that part to help foster a little more calm and reassurance that Taryn had grown emotionally. All is not perfect hearts and roses this time, but almost. Ryan and Taryn are both shown with their faults and flaws but to me it just made them more human and relatable. Ryan in love with Taryn is one of the biggest heart melters I've read. Yes, I adore Ryan. That boy's love is solid (swoon). He never wavers; he always gives Taryn 100%. Taryn's abandonment issues flair from time to time but she reels them in and she stands stronger in her love and support for Ryan. Love how they're there for each other through the challenges they face in this bk. Will say the angst level in this bk is WAY down from the last. For me that was welcome, that super angst from the last bk wiped me out.

Lots of changes with the friendship situation. Wow, do they all have their ups and downs. Ryan blames it on his fame causing the rifts that result among them, but I really didn't see that as much as "change" being the issue. Regardless of the miffs and riffs they all settled down to a satisfactory conclusion for me. Marie and Mike have much bigger roles this time and I absolutely loved that. I want to give TR HUGE thanks for the instances of explicit description of Mike's hot bod. Still thinking of those huge shoulders, that massive "smooth chest" and those "V" muscles that drift down to.....ah... well, you get it. (Sorry, gets me sidetracked every time...Sigh). Mike and Marie are absolutely adorable in this bk. Makes me want a feisty little friend like Marie, especially if she'd let me gaze at and drool over sexy Mike.

Plenty of love, Hollywood glamour, drama, surprises, good times and some really funny moments, one of which surrounds Ian Somerhalder. The ending seemed a little rushed but the Epilogue made up for that. I liked this bk so well makes me want to go back and reread them both now that I can relax and know this fairytale love story about a super star and a bar owner ends with a wonderful HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Unrehearsed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekka (new) - added it

Bekka I know! I've been waiting for what seems like forever! But it doesn't look good for a soon release...I read it's still in the editing process : ( don't know if I can wait any longer...

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann I wish the author would give us a heads up on the release date. I almost wished I'd waited until the sequel was out to read this one. I'm so anxious for this one.

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews August 31 2012..next month!

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Really???

Hayley If your in the uk and have not been able to pre order this on Amazon uk and have a Kindle . Then just go to manage your kindle settings on pc change country to usa address ,download from Amazon.com then change setting back after download complette

message 6: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Thanks Hayley!

Hayley Your welcome , we have been waiting long enough for our 2nd instalment.When I realised I could do this I spread the word everywhere. Hope you enjoy it as much as I'm going to !