Splage's Reviews > Until the Sun Falls from the Sky

Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

Put another tally in my "Love It" column of the Kristen Ashley books that are wonderful. Once again all the elements I have listed again and again with every KA book I have read as positive hot buttons where present in this story.

This is a paranormal story with a bossy, alpha vampire, Lucien , who is over 800 years old. The heroine is his chosen concubine, Leah. He chose her and has been waiting for her for 20 years, and she has spent her time avoiding him and looking for every loop hole in the whole vampire/concubine system to get out of the arrangement.

There were lots of laughs in this one, as well as, some jealousy and heartbreak because of other women. Lucien was one sexy, domineering vamp, but his ways were the old ways and there was no way Leah was ever going to fit in that mold. She gave Lucien the battle of all battles and I loved reading about it. They were so phenomenal together.

I rarely read paranormal anymore and while there was some groundwork laid for the future books with prophesies, rituals, claimings, etc., the details didn't curb my interest in the fantastic love story that was unfolding. That is my biggest turn off of paranormals, so much time is spent on creating the crazy world that I lose the connections to the characters. I didn't feel that at all with this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until the Sun Falls from the Sky.

Quotes Splage Liked

Kristen Ashley
Mine, he declared.
Never, she returned.
His mouth moved to her ear and he murmured, “We’ll see.”
Kristen Ashley, Until the Sun Falls from the Sky

Kristen Ashley
“In fact, when he wasn’t being a jerk, controlling or a pain in the ass, he looked at me…
He looked at me…
Oh hell, he looked at me like I was his life.”
Kristen Ashley, Until the Sun Falls from the Sky

02/13 marked as: read

Michelle [Helen Geek] Nice review. I've been a bit apprehensive on this one, but not anymore! Thanks!

Katie You gave a paranormal not only 5 stars but a spot on your favorites shelf???!!! I've gotta read this one:)

Splage I know!! I didn't look at it as a paranormal though, just sort of blocked that out. I am just so comfortable with KA's style, she is like my comfort food seasoned with crack (aka her alphas are my drug of choice).

Splage Michelle wrote: "Nice review. I've been a bit apprehensive on this one, but not anymore! Thanks!"

It was very typical KA, which is great to me. Why are you apprehensive though?? Maybe I can help one way or the other.

Michelle [Helen Geek] I read one of her non-contemp books, The Wildest Dream. It was good, but a bit different. I bought this one and plan to read it, but really am not sure what to expect. Sometimes you read her stuff and she takes some time to tell a story and it is really good; very absorbing. Then other times, I feel like she is only scratching the surface of the real story. Like she is in a rush to finish it and it lacks depth .. hard to describe. I know she wrote this one rather quickly and a good paranormal takes a bit of time to build the world or time/place to put you there, I just wondered if she would do it justice. I'm not big on her Rock Chick. When I like a book of hers, I really like it, but when I don't, I really don't; love or not with her for me.

Karla Great review Splage. I have this one ready to go!

Kristen Nice review, Splage.

Splage Michelle wrote: "I read one of her non-contemp books, The Wildest Dream. It was good, but a bit different. I bought this one and plan to read it, but really am not sure what to expect. Sometimes you read her stuff ..."
I definitely think you should give it a try. I don't really like or read paranormal because it takes so long to build that unique world. The romance/connection really came through with me here and I wasn't overwhelmed by the paranormal. Not sure if that is good or bad for you. It was a fun read though. Good luck!

Splage Kristen & Karla- thanks! I was really in the mood for a KA book and this would did the job. Hope you enjoy!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Yep! I knew you would love it!

Splage Kim-wilts-for-kilts wrote: "Yep! I knew you would love it!"

Thanks for the rec and lending me the book. Total bonus!!
Oh and you called it right on the "Kitty" scene, totally my thing!

Jolyn I knew you would!! Great review.. Loved this one as well

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Your welcome. And I totally knew you would love the "Kitty" scene. Ashley had me going for a while there. I was convinced that Lucien was guilty. And honestly *shhhh* I kind of wish he was. I would LOVED to have seen Ashley tackle that kind of drama.

Splage Me too!

message 15: by ~ Becs ~ (new) - added it

~ Becs ~ Nice review - this one has very mixed reviews.