Bridget's Reviews > Angelfall

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ya
Read in March, 2012

4.5 stars.

This book is NOT what you think it is. Unless you think it is a book set in present-day, post-apocalyptic San Francisco, where angels have destroyed/taken over the earth, and the 17-year-old heroine trained in self-defense has a paranoid schizophrenic mother and a wheelchair-bound, paralyzed little sister. If that's what you're expecting, then yes, this book is what you think it is.

Angelfall was pretty awesome, to be honest, but it got a little wild at the end. Still, it was engrossing enough to make me confused when I walked outside and saw that I was not living in the book's world. That's a sure sign of a good read. I just love that the author was probably like, "Hmm, dystopian novels are really big these days. But so are books about angels. Hey, that gives me an idea...!"

Be warned that there is a lot of violence in this book. There is also, however, an unusually satisfying scene (unusual because YA heroines are not often allowed to act this way) in which the heroine gives a jerk what he deserves, without any men swooping in to help her. Aaah, it feels so good.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.