Vicky's Reviews > Darkest Knight

Darkest Knight by Karen Duvall

Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal-romance
Read from March 01 to 02, 2012

This is the second book in Karen Duvall's series about Hatchet Knight, Chalice. I absolutely loved the first book, "Knight's Curse" and really liked this one. Like all series books, there are enough threads left dangling that we know there are going to be more books, but unlike some series (which I do not like), this one is a complete book. Not everything gets settled, but enough, and the main plot line that I was satisfied with the way it turned out. There is enough background information in the beginning for someone to pick up the story and know pretty much what's going on, but I strongly suggest you read the first book first in order to know it all.

In this one Chalice, Aydin and Rafe continue their adventures with the Knight's, the Fallen, and more. We are reunited with characters from the first book and a few new ones are added.

(view spoiler)

Karen Duvall is an expert world-builder and character creator, especially Chalice. If you are a fan of urban fantasies, definitely pick up this series. It's a keeper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Knight.