Benjamin Miller's Reviews > The I'M NOT SCARED Book

The I'M NOT SCARED Book by Todd Parr

Mar 01, 12

“The I’m Not Scared Book” by Todd Parr is a storybook that tells a story that is for Nursery to Primary years. I think this book could be read up to Kindergarten years, which are 5 or 6 years old. The purpose of this book is to show a child that if you are scared, that you can overcome that and not be scared. For example, the book starts out with a boy that says “Sometimes I’m scared of the dark.” Then on the next page he says “I’m not scared if I have a night-light.” Then the book goes through a bunch of other scenarios where the child would be scared and gives them a reason not to be. On the last page, it gives a note from the author that says that sometimes we are scared of things because we don’t understand them, but if we are afraid, talking to someone will help you. I read this story to my mom’s Pre-k class, and they thought it was good, they told me things that scared them, and learned to laugh about fears, because sometimes they are silly. The moral of this book is timeless, even adults can learn from this book. I would recommend this book for a Pre-School age to around a Kindergarten age. It has a valuable lesson. The illustrations are eye catching, but don’t take away from the story. This was a wonderful book to me. The colors were bright. The lines were sold and were made to see like a child had drawn the pictures of the story. The designs of the pictures make you feel happy and safe. The technique used was making it seem like it was a child drawing the pictures.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The I'M NOT SCARED Book.