Tami's Reviews > The Faithful One

The Faithful One by Michele Chynoweth

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, 2012

I haven't received my copy yet, just got notification that I had won. 3/1/12
Received yesterday and hope to start soon. I have 8 more plus my current read in front. 3/16/12
Started today, 4/17/12
Finished 4/18/12

Seth has everything, a loving wife and kids, a huge home and a successful restaurant chain. One night he is headed to a fund raiser at one of his restaurants and he gets stuck in traffic. He gets on the T to get there faster and the train derails. When they finally get started again he arrives at the restaurant to see that tragedy has struck in the form of food poisoning. This is the start of Seth losing everything. Will he be able to revive himself and get back everything he has lost?

This was a good story and although I knew it would be religious, I felt it was just way too preachy. I had a hard time reading some parts of it, not because I don't believe in God, but because I don't believe He punishes for things so petty as they kept saying in the story. This would have been a star higher rating had it not come across so heavy handed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faithful One.

Rochelle The books have been shipped via media mail. We send the request for shipping to the distributor, so due to timing they may have prioritized mailing to bookstores as the giveaway coincided with the release date. If you do not receive by Monday, Mar 19 please let us know!

Tami It hasn't been that long, no problems. I am actually still waiting on one won 1/16/12 and one I will probably never get won 8/15/11. this one is barely a week out, so really it isn't late at all. Thanks!