John's Reviews > Shadow Games

Shadow Games by Michael Reaves

Mar 03, 2012

Read from March 01 to 03, 2012

This one turned out really good. The authors really got Han Solo right. The is the first time I've read a novel involving Han in which the book portrayal matched the original Harrison Ford movie version.

The primary protagonist left something to be desired but the rest of the characters were great. If Dash had been more complicated I think I would have been willing to give it five stars. I would give it 4.4 stars if the option was available because my issues with Dash don't warrant a full point off.

Sometimes Star Wars novel characters can be too cookie cutter. This was different and along with the story made it an enjoyable read. Also, it tells a story that is alluded to but never revealed until now concerning certain information that was, "acquired at a great cost".

Reaves is not one of my favorite authors but he did a good job on this one. If you've seen A New Hope then you can jump right into this book. In fact it is probably a good way to get introduced to Star Wars novels if you haven't read any before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Games.