Brittany's Reviews > Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society

Daughters in My Kingdom by The Church of Jesus Christ ...

Mar 20, 12

Read from March 01 to 20, 2012

I keep going back and forth between a 3 and 4 star rating. So maybe a 3.5 rating? 3.8?

* Some of the history of the Relief Society was interesting to read about (I learned some new things)

* I liked looking at the artwork and photographs in the book. (I think without the pictures this book would not seem as colorful and fun)

* I liked some parts of the book better than others.

* The book felt redundant at times

* The quotes throughout the book were not in chronological order but jump around according to topic. Maybe this is what made the book feel kind of sporadic?

Before I read this book, I thought Relief Society was just a type of "Sunday school" class for women. Now that I have read this book, I realize that Relief Society is more than a class - it's really all about charity and serving others. Charity is the legacy of the Relief Society and its motto, "Charity Never Faileth."

Overall the book has inspired me to follow the example of my Savior and the examples of the women in this book to reach out and serve others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters in My Kingdom.