Lynn's Reviews > All Clear

All Clear by Connie Willis

Mar 12, 2012

bookshelves: adventure-books, literary-fiction, science-fiction-fantasy
Read from March 01 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

All Clear is actually a 2nd half of a larger book beginning with Blackout. I enjoyed Blackout and thought the story was pretty interesting and engaging. I rated it a 3. All Clear is the 2nd half of the book. 3 teens from 2060 get stuck in the Biltz during 1940 Britain. They come from Oxford and study history by going back into time to study it first hand. There is trouble with the drops, which are the places they can travel through time in. The protagonists in the story have also altered time and it is not known whether they benefited the war with their travel or hurt the war effort. Will Hitler win? Colin a young boy when the teens left goes searching for them in the past and travels into different time periods. Mike the male teen leaves messages in newspapers to help the rescue team find them. Eventually the teens must reconcile their lives to living in the 1940s and not going back to 2060. Will they be found or not? With this book, I found that the story became deeper and more fun to read. The surprises kept coming and I was never able to fully guess what would happen next. I enjoyed reading the book and looked forward to reading the next chapter. Nice story and a good ending to a pleasant read. I also learned more about living in Britain around the time of the Blitz.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Clear.

03/05/2012 page 84
13.0% "story of teens from 2060 continues. All stuck in Wwii in 1940. they fear they affected history in some way and are afraid of the outcome."
03/06/2012 page 208
32.0% "really enjoying this book."
03/06/2012 page 287
45.0% "very entertaining book"
03/07/2012 page 372
58.0% "ive become very fond of the chatacters and really enjoy the story the author isvtelling of the blitz."
03/09/2012 page 448
70.0% "really enjoyable better than blackout because the is more suspenseful. will the teens who go back into history from 2060 die during the blitz because they altered events? does time correct itself by repairing the damage done thus killing off our protagonists like bacteria?"
03/12/2012
20.0% "it is getting better."
03/12/2012 page 643
100.0% "I'm finished. very good"