Courtney's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Mar 05, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: 2013-releases, badass-chicks, would-sell-firstborn-to-get, wishlist, harpercollins, march, series-with-disappointing-endings
Read on March 05, 2013

A year?!?! Really?!?! After how the last book ended they really expect me to wait a year to find out what happens! I think I might die :(

3/5/13

Ok. Wait WTF?! That wasn't the end was it? That was probably the stupidest ending of a book ever! It was more like the start to a spin-off series or a lame ass cliff hanger for book 4. I'm so so so disappointed in Lauren Oliver. This is one of my favorite series and she just ruined it! Nothing, absolutely nothing was resolved. Love triangle? Still going strong. Rebellion? Yah that's still happening too. If I had known that this was how the series would end I would have never bothered...
56 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

03/05 page 87
21.0% "Ahhhhhh idk who to choose!?!"
04/04 marked as: read

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Same here...I saw that you have read the Hunger Games series bc of your mockingjay pin! I have to let this out to someone sooo...I am almost loving the DElerium series a tinyy bit more than The HUnger Games...There I`ve said it! What do you think? Have I gone completely mad but OMG!!! This Alex thing!!!! I wish I could wake up and be in Feb. of 2013 already!!

Courtney Ya the Alex thing blew my mind!!! And idk it's soo close for me idk if I could choose between the two series. They are both just so amazing!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Totaly!! None of my friends have read this series do I have noone to talk bout it with, it's killing me!! I hope Lena picks Alex and if she dosent god help Lauren Oliver cause she will need it!! (jk, luv ya Lauren )

Courtney Idk who I want Lena to end up with...I'm probably leaning a little more towards Alex but I go back and forth everyday lol

Lesley agreed. I loved Lauren' s work before this book. But now.....I expected more. Nothing was resolved.

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Thompson MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. My review (I wrote it before I read yours) reads almost identical to yours. You were a smidge gentler, using the the words "stupidest ending ever" while I went with "shittiest.ending.ever!"

GAH!!!

Courtney Lol good glad it wasn't jut me! I was worried everyone was going to think I was crazy since I saw a lot of 5 star reviews

Linda nothing resolved! ugh!

Rachel My thoughts went to is this a joke to you have got to be fucking kidding me when I read the ending! I may as well have made up my own ending because there wasn't one. It's the last book why the hell would you leave it as a cliff hanger?!

message 10: by Aimee (new)

Aimee That moment you scroll back a few pages because obviously you missed something, right? Like I must have hit too many buttons. no? That's the ending? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I WAITED A YEAR FOR THIS CRAPFEST OF AN ENDING. If nothing was going to be resolved... why did I read this book? I could have made up my own story after Pandemonium. AND I WOULD HAVE RESOLVED THINGS. *sigh* That was my reaction to that ending. I'm still bitter.

Courtney Me too. I'm pissed off. Like what a fucking cop out...I won't be reading any more of Mrs. Oliver's books I'll tell you that much.

Jasmine I was also soooo pissed ! The whole book I'm waiting for this love triangle to be resolved and the ensuing romance and ... NOTHING ughhhh

Kateryna You have no idea! I thought there would at least be a fourth book! But I found out THIS was the ending, which got me so much more pissed. Damn :(
Now I'll never know how she ended up choosing Alex, and breaking it to Julian, IF she was going to choose Alex.
And Fred? Does he die?
What about Hanna what's going to happen to her and her family?
Do the resistance really take over and how would they fight to get their real freedom. I GUESS I'LL NEVER KNOW! :( lol

message 14: by Shelley (new)

Shelley I agree thought the end of the book was very bad...left u hanging and even hinted that Alex died and stepped on a mine...but only hinted????? Did he die.....is that really the last book???????

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I agree, I was so upset about the ending. Now I'm all for open endings but I didn't like the way this one left too many questions. Plus I'm still P.O. ed that Raven got killed.

Ashleyjo Agreed. So pissed that I had to endure 3 books to end up with a half-ass "i love you" .. "I love you"... "BUT, it's complicated" ... "I'll find you." Oliver took the wussy way/ draw your own conclusion out of a love triangle that should've never existed. Same way with the whole rebellion.. She ends it in the middle of the first battle in the war! Wow, really?!?