Kimberly's Reviews > Between Husband & Wife

Between Husband & Wife by Stephen E. Lamb

Aug 14, 08

Sexual intimacy treated delicately and sacredly from a gospel perspective. That said, this is not the typical "diluted" treatment of the subject that previous well-meaning authors have penned. Lamb & Brinley present the subject of sexual intimacy in a forthright, matter-of-fact, and fairly explicit manner. It is an accurate and pretty thorough treatment of the subject from both an emotional/psychological as well as a medical/anatomical perspective. I routinely recommend this book to my married clients who are struggling in this area.
I would also strongly encourage every LDS engaged couple to read this before their wedding date.

Spencer W. Kimball: "Divorces often occur over sex... If you study the divorces, as we have had to do in these past years, you will find there are many reasons. Generally, sex is the first. They did not get along sexually. They may not say that in the court. They may not even tell that to their attorneys, but that is the reason" (Teachings, 312).

In my work so far, I haven't found that to be the primary reason, but I agree that it is a big one.
What's needed: Proper sex education (the mechanics as well as the psychology), overcoming personal selfishness, and being patient with each other.

“Rejoice with the wife of thy youth… Be thou ravished always with her love” (Proverbs 5:18-19).

Spencer W. Kimball: "Marriage can be more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive. This is within the reach of every couple, every person" (Spencer W. Kimball, “Oneness in Marriage,” Ensign, Oct. 2002, 42).

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Husband & Wife.