Darcy's Reviews > Something About Witches

Feb 29, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: 2012, witches, magic, couldn-t-bring-myself-to-finish, pnr
Read on February 29, 2012

This author is very hit or miss for me. I like her short stories, but haven't had good luck with some of her full length books. Even with this fact, I wanted to try this new series out.

I made it about 65 pages before giving up. I didn't really like any of the characters that I met. Ruby seemed to have a chip on her shoulder, one that seemed to match the one of Derek's. Derek seems to think that saving the world comes before anything else in his life, which is at the bottom of the problem with Ruby. I hated Raina and what she did to both of them and how she spilled Ruby's secret. Did Derek have the right to know, probably, but like Ruby I don't think I would have told him. I just couldn't deal with the characters, so in the end this one just wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About Witches.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ hmmm....I have this one in my TBR.....maybe I will put it off for a while....

Darcy Give it a try, you might like it. Have you tried any of her other books?

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ Darcy wrote: "Give it a try, you might like it. Have you tried any of her other books?"

on one....The Vampire Queen's Servant...I thought it was okay...did not like it enough to continue with the series

Darcy I was going to say that if you really liked her it would be ok to not push it down, but... lol

Gwen you should give it another try, or maybe its just not your cup of tea. Her books are "intense"! But that wasnt a chip on Ruby's shoulder, it was terrible fear and emotional pain...all is explained by the end, and its a very touching and beautiful story. :)

Darcy I do find this author to be hit or miss for me. But it doesn't make me stop giving her a try though.

Gwen Quen of Redemption....just couldnt take it, even tho it was a bad guy who deserved what he got. First book Ii quit in YEARS (ever)! I make myself finiish bookss, and almost always Im glad I did. Compulsive abit? LOL