Emma Conley's Reviews > Candy Bomber

Candy Bomber by Michael O. Tunnell

F 50x66
Mar 04, 12

This story is about someone named Lt. Gail S. Halverson. He had many nicknames. But one in particular is the “Chocolate Pilot.” He has that nickname because he would drop candies and supplies down to children in his plane. He did this to help cheer the children up and to have faith that thing’s will get better for them in their town Berlin, Germany. The main characters were Lt. Gail S. Halverson and the children.

I could kind of relate to Gail. He was so ice and generous to those kids. I am not that nice but I still can help others like him. I help friends and little kids if they are sad or hurt in any way. I get a good feeling, and he did too.

I loved this book. It was a really good life lesson. You need to watch out for others everyday. My favorite part was when he was saying he gave out 2 sticks of gum and the ids loved just that! They didn’t ask for anything else. They didn’t even ask for the gum but he saw that they needed something and he helped them. “Those two sticks of gum changed my life forever.” Is what Gail said.

I would recommend this book. It taught a good life lesson of kindness and hot to share. A girl and a boy could read this book. It is a fun book to read and learn how 1 simple act of kindness changed so many others lives
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candy Bomber.