Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Summer of the Wolves

Summer of the Wolves by Lisa Williams Kline

This is a condensed version of my review. The extended version can be found here.

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I'd like to thank netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this copy.

I love christian fiction and I love young adult fiction, so going into this novel I had some high expectations.

I loved Lisa's writing style from the very first page. She wrote in a way that left me captivated with the characters and their stories. Diana and Stephanie are now step-sisters and they couldn't be more different. I loved watching how they bonded and grew closer.

This is a book that isn't about romance, but rather about family relationships and growing to love yourself and your family. I will admit that I might have liked a tad more romance, but I understand that this wasn't the point of this book.

I really enjoyed reading this novel and yet the ending left me slightly unsatisfied. I thought that more could have been resolved. However, now that it's been awhile since I finished this book, I realize that the ending was actually probably quite perfect for this book.

In Summary: A beautifully written book about growing up and learning to love yourself and your family. Definitely recommended to fans of YA contemporary realistic fiction centered around family relationships.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer of the Wolves.