Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Transcendence

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

May 09, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, young-adult, romance, fantasy, paranormal, out-in-2012
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

My Overall Thoughts/ Impressions: First off, I'd like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for giving me an e-galley to review this novel.

I went into this novel with absolutely no expectations and I was blown away with how much I enjoyed this story. I loved the character Cole from the moment she entered the story and I can say the same about Griffon. The characters were well-developed and the chemistry between them was undeniable.

The plot was fairly original. I thought I wouldn't be too interested in books about reincarnation; however, I've read so many amazing books about this topic that I'm reconsidering.

This novel was one that I stayed up all night reading and has definitely caught my attention. The writing was masterful and Omololu has created a world that I want to revisit. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel Fated. This was her sophomore novel.

If you are looking for an intriguing YA paranormal novel, than this is the novel for you.

In Summary: I went in with no expectations and fell in love with this story. Omololu has weaved an intriguing tale that I will definitely be keeping tabs on.

Warnings/Side-notes: This novel is fairly clean. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

The Wrap-up: I'm glad I took a chance on this one. I only read it because I loved the cover. Thankfully, the cover didn't lead me astray. Definitely recommend this one.

Love,

Danica Page

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transcendence.

04/06/2012 page 100