Erika's Reviews > This Dark Endeavour

This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel

F 50x66
Feb 29, 2012

liked it

** spoiler alert ** At first I thought it was alright but as the story progressed it didn't exactly appeal to my senses. I personally don't like reading adventure novels where a group of characters make an agonizingly long journey to find something. I'm more of a YA paranormal romance kind of girl and this book reminds me of The Alchemist, well maybe because it has to do with alchemy, but you catch my drift. I love the way it's written though, very formal like a typical set in the Victorian Era novel. I really don't like the main character though.(Spoiler Alert) And the whole incest thing gives my the shivers. I get that they're distant cousins but seriously, they're still related. Victor Frankenstein is too cocky for me to like and he's very self-centered and arrogant. I ended up not reading the rest of it. Although I guiltily admit that I read the last page*hanging head down in shame*. I feel really bad for giving up on it, but then again, the book's due date is tomorrow. Maybe someday in the far future I might re-encounter this book again. Maybe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Dark Endeavour.