Bethany Seabolt's Reviews > The Wolf Gift

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: won-t-finish
Read from February 29 to July 17, 2012

[Stopped reading for good]: I don't stop reading a book very often, but I hated the writing, especially the inconsistency of the narrator's tone. Hated. I didn't expect to dislike it so much.
38 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf Gift.

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 10: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Seabolt really? You didn't expect to dislike it so much?? The book written by Anne Rice?

Sadaf i agree, this book was sooo slow and boring as hell. The fighting scenes and romance was pathetic

message 8: by Woolfie (last edited Feb 23, 2013 07:28PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Woolfie  Silverbane I wonder if it's a more recent thing. I read Angel Time, and found it underwhelming, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for howler fiction.

message 7: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Spores I felt the exact same way. I find it interesting that you also make the comment that you hardly ever stop reading a book, but abandon this one as did I.

Naomi I'm 2/3 of the way through with this book and I would have abandoned it a long time ago except for the fact that it's a book club book. It's killing me.

message 5: by Bernadette (last edited Feb 03, 2014 06:03AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Bernadette I've only stopped reading one book before and it was a real struggle to continue reading this one. I won't be picking up anymore of her books.

message 4: by Lynn (new) - rated it 1 star

Lynn Ness Oh, Jeremy..knock it off. I love most of Ann Rice's books. This one was written badly.

message 3: by Lynn (new) - rated it 1 star

Lynn Ness You rock, Jeremy! :)

message 2: by Lynn (new) - rated it 1 star

Lynn Ness Thanks!!!!

Valerie Giaconi I also stopped reading, it was truly DIRE!