Kathy's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Feb 29, 2012

Read in February, 2012

A Perfect Read!

I strongly suggest you read the previous books in series (Dead Witch Walking, The Good, The Bad And The Undead, Every Witch Way But Dead, A Fistful Of Charms, For a Few Demons More, The Outlaw Demon Wails, White Witch Black Curse, Black Magic Sanction and Pale Demon) prior to reading this installment.

The Itchy-Witch is back on her A-game. Rachel is finally accepting herself as a unique blessing and not a demonic curse. I loved traveling with her through her evolutionary journey and witnessing her emergence as a crafty demoness who's a force to be reckoned with!

This story was exactly what I was looking for, non-stop excitement, high-energy adventure, mystery and intrigue and lots and lots of demons. I definitely would've appreciated more twisted-humor interaction between Al and Rachel. Kim Harrison packed a lot of story in this one book. In addition, each secondary characters encounter with Rachel was skillfully blended and interlaced together flawlessly.

I enjoyed this spectacular installment so fiercely, I never wanted this book to end. Rachel's shenanigans were really toned down in this installment, and the story had a "feel good" sensation, that made me feel like I was coming home to friends.

I highly recommend this book and series to fellow dark urban fantasy readers and can't wait to read the next book Ever After due out in 2013.
I also recommend:
Shadow City (Horngate Witches)
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, Book 5)
The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, Book 3)
A Galaxy Unknown
Spider's Revenge (Elemental Assassin Books)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.