Faye's Reviews > The Midwife's Legacy

The Midwife's Legacy by Rhonda Gibson

Jul 14, 12

Read from June 15 to July 14, 2012

A lovely collection of novellas, with a midwife theme.

This collection as the cover and title implies is about midwives in the west, mid-1800's. Each story is a about a strong woman, with a certain grit about her, and a will to persevere.

Novellas are fun because you can pick them up, and read 'em in one sitting, and this set is no different. I really enjoyed how this set used snippets of a journal so that we could get a peek into what was going on in the main character's head.

As with other novellas, I wished that the stories had been longer, and that some of the characters had been fleshed out. I really liked the first story because it was different in that the heroine was a little older than most. Yet she got another chance at love with a sweet man.

I also liked getting a peek into what it might have been like for midwives of that time period. Well researched!

Overall, if you are a fan of novellas you will like this collection. I will be honest and say that I am not the hugest novella reader, but that they are very nice every one and a while :)

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thanks!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midwife's Legacy.