Laurie's Reviews > Much Ado About Marshals

Much Ado About Marshals by Jacquie Rogers

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: fiction, historical, kindle, mystery, read-in-2012, romance, western
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

It seems almost everyone is pretending to be someone else in this new Romantic Western Comedy by Jacquie Rogers. Daisy, a modern-minded woman, who resides in the small pioneer town of Oreana, Idaho, knows what she wants and sets about getting it – but in a most charming and naïve way. Daisy’s exploits had me cackling out loud sometimes. When Cole Richards arrives in town wounded, he’s mistaken for the long-expected new Marshal. Injured and on the run from the law, Cole keeps his mouth shut in the hopes that he can get out of town without riling up a posse. Cole, however, never ran up against a woman as contrary and beguiling as Miss Daisy.

I was sucked into this story right from the beginning. I became easily caught up in the character’s lives and misadventures. With distinct western flair and flavor this well-written, cohesive, and complex character-driven story just thrilled me. Miss Daisy is an enchanting mix of innocence and risqué behavior. When she sets out to get her man, Cole, there is just no stopping her. Daisy, the sleuth, is just as talented – determined to solve the mystery of the escaped bank robber, she will not let a single clue escape scrutiny.

The Charisma between Cole and Daisy sizzles even as the subterfuge heats up. The tension continuously builds between them amid the hilarity of a town that at times seems to have been overrun by imposters. This is a darling romantic story that is a superb start on what I am sure will be an equally enchanting series.

Reviewed by Laurie-J
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Much Ado About Marshals.