Courtney's Reviews > When Rain Falls

When Rain Falls by Tyora Moody

Mar 07, 12

bookshelves: christian, christian-contemporary-fiction, christian-suspense, for-review
Read from February 29 to March 07, 2012

How will you handle grief and tragedy? Will you hide away in your house refusing to get close to anyone again for fear of losing another loved one or will you lean on God for your strength to move forward? When the Rain Falls deals with tragedy right from the start as Candace loses another loved one after losing her husband not that long before that. Her husband and friend have both been murdered and she is determined to find out who is behind the killings and getting justice.

Detective Darnell Jackson is new on the force and actually is the replacement for Candace's husband Frank in the department. He is now working the case on Candace's friend and quickly finds out that this investigation has more twists that meets the eye. He also finds that he can't stop Candace from butting in to the case whenever she wants, but he is determined to earn her trust and help her believe that detectives can bring her justice!

This was a very hard book for me to read in the beginning because the emotional aspect of losing your husband and best friend just hit very close to home. The day after I started reading this book a tragedy hit my life and I found myself in tears trying to read this book. Moody really does have a gift with connecting the reader to the story as you can tell from my emotions. After a few days of healing for myself I picked up the book again and was excited to be encouraged and given hope as When the Rain Falls progressed!

The spiritual aspect of the story is surreal and subtle. As Candace struggles with her anger towards God she begins to heal and recognize that God will provide her strength and peace! When the Rain Falls is a great Christian mystery with a touch of romance that you'll just love! Looking forward to more by Tyora Moody.
I received this book free from the publishers through FIRST Wild Card Tours in exchange for my personal and honest opinion. All opinions are my own.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Rain Falls.