Book Chatter-Cath's Reviews > Inhale

Inhale by Kendall Grey

Apr 08, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from March 31 to April 02, 2012

I absolutely love the premise for this book.
A new and exciting race of paranormals that embody the elements and enter the dreams of humans.
It is a story and genre that is right up my alley

I'm afraid Inhale didn't quite hit the mark for me.
I felt that the first 1/4 of this book was over explanatory and quite disjointed, and instead of helping I found the extensive background and Sentinel history bogged me down and I struggled to make my way through without skimming over the pages.
And strangely, I felt like I was reading book #3 or #4 in a series and that I was missing something.
Once I made my way through those first bumpy chapters though, I found the story took off and I was really engaged.

I definitely enjoyed the characters.
Gavin Cassidy is a gorgeous, pierced and tattooed rock star who's 'muse' for writing music has left him.
He fills his time with nameless, faceless groupies and copious amounts of booze.

Zoe is studious, faithful, and an advocate for saving her beloved whales.
Cheated on one too many times and in need of a change she travels to Australia in the hope of outrunning her nightmares, and stumbles upon the much younger 'Perfect' in her dreams.

There are some really well written bad guys and gals too, and like I said the characters, setting and story are great; I just found the storytelling in the beginning lacked flow and a sense of cohesiveness.

All said and done, I'm definitely putting book #2 Exhale on my to-read list because despite the few hurdles to begin with I enjoyed Inhale very much.
A very respectable 4 Star read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inhale.

03/31/2012 page 168