Wendy F's Reviews > Wool

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012, dystopian-apocalyptic
Recommended to Wendy F by: Regina
Read on June 11, 2012

Whoa.... (Imagine that a deeply shocked, whoa...)

I had no idea that a short could make me feel like that...

How can a book you can read in a 1/2 hour really make you feel such strong emotion?

I used to think that reader/character connection comes from page count. I mean, how else are you going to find enough time to really know who they are and connect to them on that certain level? Sometimes it does, depending on what the author is trying to overcome, (See Dan & Vadim). Well, I've come to realize that other times all it takes is a really great writer. Hugh Howey isn't the only one I've read and liked this much, Jordan Castillo Price is another. These people know how to write a short that still packs a punch.

What a story. If it was standalone, I'd still be seriously impressed. It's not, there are sequels. That's even better, because I need to know more. I want to know why!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leea I can't wait to read it!! Great review!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I'm going crazy to know (view spoiler)

Wendy F I totally (view spoiler). Just a theory, lol.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I think your theory makes complete sense.

Wendy F And probably what (view spoiler). I don't know, I'm excited to keep reading.

Leea AHHH... Must read faster

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's okay, Leea. We'll discuss it with you when you get there. :) I want to know what your thoughts are on the ending too.

Leea I finished!! I agree with you Wendy. Why his wife thought that and I have to say, I thought it was all a (view spoiler) I cannot wait to read the next book.

Wendy F Me too, Leea! I am so excited to read the next one, but I'm also (view spoiler).

message 10: by Leea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leea Oh, I will miss (view spoiler)

Wendy F I think that (view spoiler)!

message 12: by Tish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tish I just went and bought it for my Kindle based on your review!

Wendy F Tish, you absolutely will not be disappointed! This is a great little short! Probably the best one I've ever read.