Wendy's Reviews > Velvet Angel

Velvet Angel by Jude Deveraux

Feb 29, 2012

bookshelves: rhfl-challenge-2012
Read in February, 2012

This is the 4th and final book in the Velvet Series but not in the Montgomery family of books. It's a great story and the ending gives you a peek at where everyone finally ends up. As well as leaving you wishing to follow the family to present day. These stories were all written in the 1980s, and I read them the first time in the 90s,and have since reread them many times. This recent time I wondered if they'd hold up against all the others historical romances I've read since reading them the first time. And my answer? Yes they do. They've lost none of that charm, that describable appeal that kept me turning pages, or as was my case swiping to the next page on my kindle, as they did when I read them originally. The characters are wonderful, flawed, sexy, and engaging. The plot has that touch of OMG what's going to happen next, and stupid don't do that moments that will have you sighing, laughing and tearing up. In this final book villains from previous books don't completely redeem themselves but do show that even misguided villains can have good qualities and sometimes you just have to let go of the bad and embrace the good, may not all the way but at least to the point of no killing each other. I would suggest you read all 4 books in order, THE VELVET PROMISE, HIGHLAND VELVET, VELVET SONG and finally VELVET ANGEL. And I will say that Velvet Promise will most likely make you very angry but please remember the time this books were written somethings were required in order to be published, some scenes could not be taken out, and keep in mind the time frame these books are set. Jude Deveraux has been a must read author for me since I started reading romance in the 90s and by rereading these great books I was once again reminded of WHY I so love her and romance in general. Awesome, AWESOME stories. I will add that when I finished I figured out that I had read each book within 6hrs of starting them. Once started I couldn't stop, it's a good think I didn't start them until my "work" was done as it was I got nothing else done until I was at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Velvet Angel.