Karen's Reviews > Grasping at Eternity

Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper

Mar 01, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: indelible-books-all, indelibles

Will readers of supernatural be drawn to my story even though there are no vampires, werewolves, or merfolk? Only time will tell. I could have followed popular trends and thrown in a blood sucking or howl-at-the-moon moment but that wouldn't be true to who these characters are. So with that in mind, vampires, werewolves, wizards, fairies, leprechauns, even merfolk and selkies watch out! There's a group of extraordinary and complex characters patiently waiting in the shadows, ready to give you magical creatures a run for your money. They're called The Kindrily. And while a full moon is beautiful to look at, it only shines once a month. Some stars shine forever, and my people are all about the stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grasping at Eternity.

Quotes Karen Liked

Karen Amanda Hooper
“Outside, gray clouds stretched to infinity. Were my parents and Mikey out there somewhere? I imagined them soaring like birds through the heavens, and wondered how, in a sky so endless, could there be no room for me?”
Karen Amanda Hooper, Grasping at Eternity

message 1: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Sounds fantastic!! Can't wait to read it!

message 2: by Tere (new) - added it

Tere Gorgeous cover! Can't believe you've got a new book out already! That's amazing. Congratulations!

Karen Yay! Thanks, Ana and Tere! :)

message 4: by Cambria (new) - added it

Cambria Dillon Can't wait for to read this one! And Alexandra did an amazing job with the cover!

Karen I agree. Alexandra did an amazing job. Thanks, Cam! :)

message 6: by May-Day (new) - added it

May-Day Aura Super excited about this one!

Alexandra Shostak Creeping around on this Goodreads page like, well, a creeper. Thank you, Cam! :)

Julie Li EXCITED FOR MAY!! :D

Karen Thanks, Julie! Me too. But also nervous. ;)

Brooke Oh, I think people will be drawn in and will want to stay!!!