Bea's Reviews > White Tiger

White Tiger by Kylie Chan

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, mythology, z__eng, z__r
Read from March 09 to 11, 2012

Told truth, I'm not sure how to rate this book - some parts I loved, but some others I really hated.

I like fantasy based on mythology and Chinese is quite new for me. The story was enjoyable, the action was good (not great), and the idea about earthly household of god is refreshing :) Even though the story contains a lot from daily life, I wasn't bored by that, I had no urge to stop.
The annoying parts are mostly connected to Emma. I really hated how intrusive she was. She also ignored one of basic rules in house, and intentionally. In place of her employer I would kicked her out somewhere in middle or little later. Luckily, it wasn't enough to put the book in category "annoying heroine" :) Another disturbing thing is how often she was called "remarkable and exceptional". - at first: I had no feeling she really is one, and for second: even if she is more than average human, I don't think it's a fact someone is going to repeat it again and again. Well, except for people in love, but in book almost everyone who meet Emma was saying it.
In spite of this, I liked the book and I'm looking forward to next book of this series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Tiger.