Keri's Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, 2012-read, j-r-ward, romance-urban-fantasy
Read from March 28 to 31, 2012

It is hard to do this book review justice, because there are so many great reviews out on it already by my friends. So I will start out by saying it was a hard emotional read at times and the fade ceremony was beautiful. V and Bella’s gift to Thor was a tear jerker that required multiple tissues. I am glad that JM and Xhex were able to work out some of their differences. I am also eager to read more about Xcor and Layla. I know Xcor is a bad boy, but I can see redemption in him. I am also glad to know that the Qhuay team is finally getting their book and we will be able to sigh and move on. Why I couldn’t give it that 5th star however, was I didn’t feel Thor and Autumn’s romance got the page count it deserved. I mean they were together through a large part of the book, but I am talking about where they acknowledged each other’s feelings and we got to see them for awhile just being in love with one another. I just didn’t feel that they got that. I did think the needing scene was pretty funny with Manny and all the guys. Overall this was an awesome read and Ward does a masterful job of bringing her world to life. Unfortunately we have to wait a whole year again to experience it, wet sheets not withstanding. ;-)

PS. I hated what went down between Layla and Qhuinn and wish it could have been different, but that is just me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

03/28/2012 "Yea!!! My copy was waiting for me when I got home. Starting my Tohr's book next."
03/30/2012 "I read the first chapter!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

SheLove2Read I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Keri You reading it this weekend too?

SheLove2Read Yes. I got in one chapter before I had to stop reading due to "life". LOL I'm starting back today.

Keri I had it in my hand this morning and made myself put it back down. But tomorrow night I am starting it and I may not go to bed until I am done.

SheLove2Read It's over 500 pages! lol I'm trying to finish a very small crochet project and then I'm back to it after lunch.

Keri I stayed up all night to finish Archeron,this should be a piece of cake. :-)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) So with you on the needing and the Qhuinn/Layla part, Keri!

Lynsey A With you and Danielle, Keri on the Qhuinn/Layla part too. However, I'm sure there is sound reasoning behind why she did that. Plus in Payne and Manny's book we got a hint that this was going to happen so I wasn't taken aback by it.

Although, having typed that, I wonder, if Xcor and Layla are destined to be together by J.R. Ward, how a male like Xcor would get past the fact that the female he wants for himself, had a young with another male. Just a thought.

Keri I am not sure Lynsey, but she has something up her sleeve. I love Xcor and Layla as a couple though. I can't wait for their book.

Lynsey A It will definitely be an interesting story. I can only imagine what Ward will do with the two of them. Two such wildly different characters.