Jakemichel's Reviews > Shane

Shane by Jack Schaefer

U 50x66
Feb 29, 12

Summary: The book that I read for English class was called "Shane", by Jack Schaefer. Shane is about a man named Shane who rides into a small valley and ends up living on a small farm which is owned by the Starret family. Shane is not your tipical stranger. He has a very cold look in his eye. He is a very mysterious person. The Starret family is glad to have him around. Shane protects them from Fletcher and his cattle hands. Fletcher wants all of the land he can get before the spring comes so he can have enough room for his cattle. The settlers there are refusing to give up there land. Shane must take some sort of action into his own hands before Flutcher hurts somone. Shane takes matters into his own hads and has a showdown with the whole gang.

Likes: The book always kept me on my toes. It was a really good book. I ended up reading it in two days. Thats how good the book was.

Dislikes: At the end of the book it doesn't say what happened after all the gun fighting. The book sort of just ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shane.

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Great summary and review, Jake, and I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much. Did you have a favorite quote?