Tami's Reviews > Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale

Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge

May 21, 12

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, 2012

I haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 2/29/12
Received my copy last night and hope to start soon. I have 13 more plus my current read in front of it. 3/28/12
Started 5/20/12
Finished 5/26/12

Faith Bass Darling is having a yard sale. Why? Because God told her to. She paid several teenage boys in rare gold coins to move priceless antiques from her home out onto the front lawn and put up a sign. She is selling it all for whatever anyone can pay. This brings a whole host of characters out including her estranged daughter she hasn't seen in over 20 years. One ladies Garage Sale brings about several others dealing with their own hidden issues.

Okay, I thought this book would be an easy read. Boy was I wrong. I hate garage sales. My family loves them, having them, going to others, etc. I have anxiety clear through the first 2/3rd of this book. The time the sale was actually taking place. Yes, I realized it was fictional, but really. People couldn't figure out what they were doing was not right, and that Faith wasn't right in the head? Come on people! Anyways, I did like several characters. The klepto child being a favorite. The story line was too sad for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale.