Leslie's Reviews > Ride the Fire

Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare

May 23, 12

bookshelves: favorites, historic, steamy, romance
Read from May 09 to 10, 2012

Another Pamela Clare book I had a hard time putting down! Good writing, great storyline and tourtored souls...what more could a reader want? I enjoy this era of time being an Outlander fan, it's obvious that Clare has done her research. Her words draw you in and don't let go until the very end. I just wish all male characters could be like Nicholas: Strong, brave, respectful even chivalrous, wrapped up in a handsome, ripped masculine form. (It only happens in books, dang it!)

This story is about finding love when you've denied yourself that feeling all your life. Both our hero, Nicholas and heroine, Elsbeth, (Bethie), come from terribly difficult pasts, never really understanding that their lives could be different. Fortunately, the forces of nature occasionally pull unlikely souls together, and once that bond is made, the overwhelming feelings to protect that love, is a difficult one to break. I will say that I didn't feel quite as connected to the relationship between Nicholas and Bethie like I did with the H/h in book 1, "Surrender". Nonetheless, I enjoyed the tender moments along with the lovely intimacy they ultimately shared; and the discovery that neither one knew how sweet it could actually be.

This is the third book in this series, although it didn't impact the storyline since these books are clearly stand alones. I truly enjoy Pamela Clare's writing and her beautiful way of telling every one of her lovely stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ride the Fire.

✿Alyssa✿ YAY! I'm so glad you added this to your TBR pile... seriously Leslie, this book is AWESOME! :)

Leslie Oh, I trust you and love Pamela Clare, so, I'll be reading it, too! :)

✿Alyssa✿ I can't wait for you to start it! :) I'll be looking for your status updates!

Leslie Thanks, Kristen! I'm looking forward to it and still need to read Untamed, but Alyssa raved about this one, so I'll start it first. I'm not legalistic about going in order...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Don't worry about reading this book out of order. It doesn't really matter if the series is read in order.

message 7: by Tashia (new)

Tashia Brandenburg ugh... you know me and reading in order.. MUST DO IT! :) let me know what you think!

Leslie Thanks, Kristen...that's what I thought. :)

Leslie Tashia wrote: "ugh... you know me and reading in order.. MUST DO IT! :) let me know what you think!"

I know how you feel about going in order, Tashia, and you crack me up! Although, I understand. Wink, wink!

~ Becs ~ I loved this one!

✿Alyssa✿ Gahhh! How did I miss that you read this one? LESLIE... did you fall in love with Nicholas? :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Glad you enjoyed the book, Leslie!

Leslie Kristen wrote: "Glad you enjoyed the book, Leslie!"

I really enjoyed, it Kristen!! :)

Leslie ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Gahhh! How did I miss that you read this one? LESLIE... did you fall in love with Nicholas? :)"

Girl, I loved Nicholas! I mean, what's NOT to love, right! I read this one first because of you!! :)

message 15: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited May 10, 2012 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✿Alyssa✿ I am SO SO SO HAPPY that you read it and loved it Leslie! :) *doing a happy dance*

Leslie Hee, hee...you are hilarious and I appreciate you telling me about this one!! oxox It was great! :)

Karla Nice review Leslie! Nicholas and this book rank right up there with a few of my other all-time favorites.

Leslie Karla wrote: "Nice review Leslie! Nicholas and this book rank right up there with a few of my other all-time favorites."

Thank you, Karla! I understand...this was a lovely book! :)

Anne OK Very nice review Leslie! Pamela Clare's historicals are such a joy to read. I think she writes with a magical wand!!

Leslie Nail on the head, Anne!! :)