Jianne's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: borrowed-books, fell-in-love-with, made-me-cry, fangirl-for
Read from February 29 to March 01, 2012

Do you know what kind of feeling Shadow-kissed left me with? It's so overwhelming.

It's like this. Take it away, Zoe Deschanel!

And although I still think that Shadow-kissed is a bit, just a little bit better than Blood Promise, this book still left me like this.

I mean c'mon, how can it now?

**So if you haven't read the previous books then I'm wondering what you're doing reading this review. Go on and read the other books first before you read this because I will try my best not to spoil anything that happened in this book BUT I will mentioned things that happened in the previous books because it really can't be avoided.

Plot

Plot? Love it. Really love it. How can I not after all that Rose when through and now she has to do this. Against her will. That's one of the most wonderful things in the world. Foolish. But brave too. Will I be able to do that? No. Although there were some parts that I find well, boring especially the first half of the book, towards the middle is where is all gets exciting. I do love the plot, but the raising action is kind of well, boring as I would say.

And although I kind of expected the things to happen, I still find myself shocked and surprised to read that they actually DO happen. So really, Richelle Mead is wonderful for giving me that feeling!

Characters

Rose Hathaway is a heroine. She is. Even with all that foolishness and stupidity. But you gotta admit she's got bravery and courage too. All for the sake of what? Love? Kind of. But also for the sake of saving Dimitri. Ain't that so sweet? How I wish I can be Rose.

At the beginning of the book, I can really feel Rose's pain after what happened in the previous book. It's so raw, the wound is still there. And even though she tries to put on that attitude and sarcasm, I can still feel the agony she's going through. It really is hard but she's still doing it. I really really admire that. Her narration at the beginning is so so different, although I've already read about Rose in pain at the end of Frostbite, this is till different. This is more painful. So different. So not Rose. Although her sarcasm and attitude will come back as the story goes, the way she narrates at the beginning is just so painful. And I empathize and I feel her.

It's like I too have lost Dimitri you know. Even though I'm not really a big fan of him. Rose's pain is so powerful. Yet she still tries to hold herself together. For Dimitri. That is bravery.

And me as I reader also gets so emotional.

And Dimitri. Oh gosh, Dimitri.

[image error]

And there's a lot of lines that I won't ever forget.

Don't hesitate.

Okay, I mean I'm not a kick-ass girl or anything but I've read a lot of books that involve fighting so I kind of got the hang of all of it. And if there's something that books taught me about fighting is that sentence. Which is also similar to the action-packed, Young Samurai Series where Dragon Eye said to Jack, Never hesitate. And I guess I will remember that when the time comes. Haha.

Well, moving on.

Lissa. Lissa. Lissa. Again, Rose comes to your rescue. Please. When the hell will she save herself. Hate me for not liking Lissa but I just don't. Her character is such a total contrast to Rose I even wonder hoe they're such best friends. And I'll probably turn out mean saying this but I'm glad Rose picked Dimitri over her, it's time that Rose thinks about herself for once. Because she also deserves to do something for herself anyway. So Lissa, in the next book please do something worth liking so I'll stop complaining how much I don't like you.

See, my husband Louis Tomlinson shows exactly how I feel about Lissa.

Now comes my favorite part. Duh. Adrian!

I know Rose can be a total bitch sometimes, especially in the past books but hey, like I said she's also different here. And as sweet and as romantic Dimitri and Rose can be. My bet is still on Adrian. Although I have this feeling that that won't happen.

But really Adrian how matter how he's portrayed as an asshole is really a sweet guy. Any girl would totally drool over him if only they've gotten to know him more. I seriously hope that Rose does give him a chance before he goes away with someone else.

Ending

The ending of every book in this series always leaves you hanging and really wanting to desperately read the next book! The ending of this book is well, I anticipated it but still it's a knockout!

Am I excited to read Spirit Bound? Ekkkk! Wrong answer. I'm very excited!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

Quotes Jianne Liked

Richelle Mead
“If your eyes weren't open, you wouldn't know the difference between dreaming and waking.”

“Roza." His voice had that same wonderful lowness, the same accent . . . it
was all just colder. "You forgot my first lesson: Don’t hesitate.”

Richelle Mead
“I look him in the eye. "I will always love you.”

Richelle Mead
“We need to be together."
"Why?" I asked softly. The word was carried away on the wind, but he heard.
"Because I want you."
I gave him a sad smile, wondering if we'd meet again in the land of the dead. "Wrong answer," I told him.
I let go”
Richelle Mead, Blood Promise

Nina I know exactly what you mean about Lissa and Adrian. Lissa drives me nuts because she is so used to Rose giving everything up for her. Save your own damn self! And Adrian.. Ahh. I absolutely adore him. I get the whole Rose-Dimitri thing but come on.. Adrian has to get a shot! I think because he is portrayed as an asshole makes him more likable. You can tell he really cares about Rose.

Laura Your GIFs really had me cracking up. Hahaha!