Petra Van der Wees's Reviews > The Quest

The Quest by Wilbur Smith

Jul 29, 08

Read in July, 2008

OK, so I loved 'River God' and the 'Seventh scroll' and I also liked 'Warlock' which are the only reasons I got lured into buying this book. The first two books of the "Egypt chronicles" were great because (I now realize) they are actually based on a true story. However, now that Taita has continued to live beyond reasonable age (200 years or so?) I think Wilbur Smith has finally lost all touch with reality in this last book, and has lost my attention along with it. Not that I'm not into Sci-fi or anything, it's just not what I expected from this sequel.

Honesty compells me to say I did not finish the book, I gave it back to the bookstore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Casi (new) - rated it 1 star

Casi K. Just returned my copy to the library also unfinished. It was actually boring. I agree with your review completely.

Rivqah I must disagree. I thought that this series was wonderful. A great mystical adventure. However, chacun a son gout.

Zayed Zilan You guys did so because you really don't have even a slightest knowledge over mysticism.You don't know what actually is reality. So I suggest you without having knowledge of reality don't try to attribute what's reality.I hope you got what I said.

message 4: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Julian I disagree. The whole book is great though I have to agree that I kinda flinch when Tata was immortalized.