jaadhimalli's Reviews > Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

Mar 01, 12

Read from February 28 to March 01, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This is a love story. Matt, Nicholas and Suzanne's love story. Would make a Hollywood movie. Probably has been made into one. The moment we know Matt gives Katie the diary, we can easily guess that neither Suzanne nor Nicholas are there to own it. It becomes predictable after that.

One good thing to remember from this book :

It was while I was recuperating that a doctor friend told me the story of the five balls. You should never forget this one, Nicky. This is terribly important.
It goes like this.
Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls--family, health, friends, integrity--are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Quotes jaadhimalli Liked

James Patterson
“Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls...are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.”
James Patterson, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas