Megan Sanchez's Reviews > Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: review-these
Read from February 28 to March 10, 2012

I have real issues with the universe that DeStefano created, but the character of Jenna alone took this from a 2 to a 3 star.

Review to follow...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wither.

03/03/2012 page 25
7.0% "Only a few pages in, but I'm not getting into it. I will give it to 100 pages before I just set it aside, but the concept just isn't setting well with me. I just don't buy into it. The reviews I've seen though have been so outstanding that I want to like it. We'll see."
03/03/2012 page 112
31.0% "Liking this book a little better now, but I'm still not seeing the part of this book that is supposed to make me read it in one sitting, buy the sequel instantly and then start comparing it to the Hunger Games. A lot about this book makes me really uncomfortable. The amount of rape that is apparently just peachy with society... I just kind of squick at it."
03/03/2012 page 224
63.0% "It took about 150 pages for me to really get into this book. It's a nasty little theme in YA recently that every girl MUST have two boys deeply, madly, crazy in love with her. This is different, and it's my favorite thing about this book. Linden and Gabriel are such different characters and (as it should be) their relationships with Rhine are very different as well. Also, the Housemaster is terrifying."
03/09/2012 page 294
82.0% ";_; It seems I've gotten attached to some of the characters a little late."