Priscilla's Reviews > Monsters Of Men

Monsters Of Men by Patrick Ness

Mar 31, 12

Read from March 14 to 18, 2012

What a book, and what an ending! I couldn't have asked for more. Exceeded my expectations!

Initial Thoughts:
1. Love Todd. Definitely one of my favourite literary characters. His character development throughout this series is INSANE. A genuinely sweet, well intentioned character, you can't help but fall in love and root for Todd.
2. All of the characters are amazing. From the antagonists, and side characters, each had a unique purpose, and perspective in the book. Each character complemented each other.
3. Very quick read. The pacing is excellent. If we're not in the middle of an action scene, we see our characters grow and develop. The segues and continuity between the different perspectives is on point.
4. Deeper themes of war, hope, communication, love, humanity, and trust is handled beautifully. Made the plot, and the purpose of these characters more meaningful.
5. Closure is given to the main story arc. And the ending? OMG. I loved it. An outstanding way to leave the story open-ended. :)

The Chaos Walking trilogy is definitely my favourite series. The characters, plot, and theme is well rounded. AMAZING.

Click to check out my video review here!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsters Of Men.

03/15/2012 page 113
19.0% "Wow." 3 comments
03/17/2012 page 452
75.0% "Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome"
03/18/2012 page 603
100.0% "What a book!!! What a series!!!! :)" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anne It's a really long book and a bit difficult in the beginning. However, it is worth the read and definitely better than the 1st or 2nd book! And a really good portion is the addition of the new narrative.

Kyle This book is just . . . brilliant!

Breanna loooove. (:

Molly Boyd This book is fantastic

Nastassja This book just blew me away. I'm pretty sure it'll knock you out too. Jesus Christ this book.

Reagan OMG!!

Priscilla :D Thanks guys!! I'm excited!

Reagan Just finished The Ask And The Answer. Wow!! There is so much to be discovered in Monsters Of Men!!

Reagan YESSSSSS!!!!! I just pre-ordered Monsters Of Men. Should be reading it after I finish City of Ashes!!

message 10: by Gdcla (new) - added it

Gdcla Great Priscilla!! The Knife of Never Letting Go is already on my TBR

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Woolley I can't wait to start this series!

Reagan YEAH BUDDY!!! I can't wait for your review!!

Priscilla OMG IT'S SO GOOD. :O Like 'This is my favourite series' good.

message 14: by Matthew (new)

Matthew David Is it better than Harry Potter?

Jacob Morris-Davies It is mind blowing, the world building is so incredible an original, the writing style again incredible and original and the characters so rich and full. And its just EPIC BEYOND ALL.

message 16: by Bobby (new)

Bobby this book suck broo read the bible mawn

Crini Yay! No I can finally read it and not be afraid of it anymore! :D (but still: I soooo don't want this series to end)

Reagan We both finished this book like a day apart from each other!!