Nicolle's Reviews > Kitty's House of Horrors

Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in February, 2012

I've always enjoyed the Kitty books, some a little more than others, because somehow Vaughn managed to take the basic elements of urban fantasy that many books contain and make her series stand apart. Perhaps it's her relationship with Ben or the fact that Kitty actually grows as a character, going from the bottom of a pack to being an alpha. Or maybe it's just because she's a werewolf named Kitty that draws me in.

Either way I have to say this is probably my favorite of the books so far because it just hits all the right buttons for me. A pack of supernaturals thrown together for a reality show that turns out to be a set-up for something more sinister? Sign me up! Just like the previous books the story moves along at a good pace, never dragging along and always leaving you turning to the next page. Especially since Vaughn doesn't pull her punches, she's not afraid to make her characters suffer or kill them off or make her main character do something she swore she'd never do. I look forward to the next book in the series, to see how choices and events in this book are going to play out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty's House of Horrors.