Sharon's Reviews > Callum & Harper

Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

Mar 07, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult
Read on February 29, 2012

More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

When Callum Tate and Harper Bailey meet at the social services offices waiting on their respective fates, their lives are about to become intertwined. Since they have both turned 18 years old, they are forced to rely on the system after spending their lives in foster care; now their thoughts are on what their futures hold.

Homeless and with no room at the local shelter, Harper accepts Callum’s help; they literally become inseparable, she meets his friends, he shows her where to find fast paying jobs, he tries to keep a roof over both of their heads and he shows her that she does have a future if she could only believe in herself.

What an amazing couple! The attraction between Callum & Harper was instantaneous; they both shared a painful past and were lacking in trust but they had come to rely on one another to get by, they had their ups and downs and I thought many times ‘how much back luck can two people have’ but they got by with the support of their friends and each other.

Callum & Harper was a beautiful romantic story, they didn’t rush in and declare their love for one another, it took a lot of time; they were the best of friends, supported and had come to rely on one another, it was gushingly sweet and adorable. Despite this, there was a misunderstanding between them that certainly could have been sorted a lot sooner but why they didn’t reveal their feelings was certainly understandable considering both of their pasts.

The John Bell storyline was creepy; his obsession with Harper had me feeling squeamish and what he did to her was despicable.

The secondary characters were each fleshed out well, I especially loved Charlie and Cherry; it would be amazing to have them as best friends.

I literally stayed up until all hours to finish Callum & Harper, they were two characters who held my interest and kept me rooting for a happy ending. I adored Fisher Amelie’s crisp, detailed writing style, it kept me riveted and the pacing was spot on.

All in all, Colorful descriptions and very real and believable characters will have you glued to the pages right from the beginning. Callum & Harper is a must read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Callum & Harper.