Cailean's Reviews > The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep

The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley

F 50x66
Feb 28, 12

Read in February, 2012

We benefited so greatly from the baby No-Cry Sleep Solution, that reading this book was a natural next step when our oldest reached toddlerhood. Toddlers have their own unique set of issues with sleep, phases, and understanding. What's wonderful about toddlers vs. babies is you can reason a little more with them, help them test their world with cause and effect, and learn to motivate them with rewards for good behavior. Pantley's method of gently nuturing your baby's sleep into toddlerhood fits so well with the attachment parenting style. This book addresses the many issues that will crop up -- naptime, schedules, separation anxiety, nursing, and wanting to visit a parents' bed. The latter was a main issue with us. I found the book to be extremely helpful in finding loving ways to help a child learn to gradually stay in their own room, without forcing them or making them feel that bedtime was a scary place. What I love about the No-Cry books is that at times they feel like workbooks, helping you figure out your OWN no-cry solution through charts and tracking. This book is an invaluable resource for parents who want to be involved in a win-win situation so everyone in the house can get sleep!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers.