Latoya's Reviews > Hidden

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Aug 06, 12

Read from August 03 to 04, 2012

Jacinda is a frustrating female lead, she has just been bound to Cassian in the previous book Vanish, which to her pride is how they marry but she is still kissing all over Will not thinking about how it makes Cassian feel. Because they have developed a rare bond that allows them to experience each other’s emotions and sense the presence of each other; he feels it even more intensely. Enough of that, so in this book Jacinda, Cassian, Will and Tamra have devised a plan to get Miriam back, which involves Jacinda placing herself in the hands of the Enkros. She still is holding to the hope that her father may be there alive. What she discovers is that things are much more terrifying than she could ever imagine.

My favorite character would have to be Tamra because she has grown so much in this trilogy. She develops from a bitter angry teenager trying to fit into a world that shuns her to a powerful, beautiful being with compassion, understanding and maturity. Jacinda is caught up in the desires of her heart and doing what is best for others but really she seems preoccupied with doing what needs to be done, so she can have the freedom that she has been planning with Will. She also has to factor in how she feels about Cassian in addition to her mother being banished. So, she is being pulled in multiple directions but I just don't think she grew as much her sister for me.

I liked the overall idea of this trilogy because it's something different and unusual than the vampire, werewolf or fairy theme going on right now. The author has taken the magic of dragons and evolved it into something more...human; I guess you can say that makes them have more of a realistic feel. She does an excellent job of describing the various drakos and their different abilities in a way that is visually stimulating.
In an effort to not spoil it, I can't tell you how I feel about Jacinda's choice between Will and Cassian but I can say I don't like this particular love triangle. This is a good read that may interest fantasy, action and romance lovers
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden.

08/04/2012 page 106
39.0% "She is so wisest with Will, willing to endanger her whole family for him"
08/04/2012 page 106
39.0% "I meant to say she is so engrossed with Will."