Michelle's Reviews > A Beautiful Blue Death

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read from February 28 to 29, 2012

This was a quick read, and quite enjoyable. I love a good series, and I couldn't resist checking out this mystery when I saw book 5 of the series on the New Books shelf at my library. The author is an American who graduated from Yale, and then got a master's degree at Oxford in England, where he now resides. I have developed an affinity for all things English, especially historically English, and in a small way I like to imagine that I was meant to be born in England in a different time entirely. In this way, I feel that I have some understanding of the author, who has shown in his path his own affinity for England. I enjoyed reading about having tea every day, learning about the relationship of the main character and his butler, the grand ball that was held (and all the delicious courses that were served!), the hints at a budding romance with a childhood friend, and of course the mystery of the story, which was quite good. Now, I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Blue Death.