Lynn Pribus's Reviews > An Incomplete Revenge

An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear

Mar 02, 12

Read from February 28 to March 01, 2012

Another Maisie -- I think this is #5 -- quite some time after the "Great War" but its aftermath is still very much a part of life. Maisie is one of the one million "surplus" women in the U.K., so it's likely she will never marry.

This plot involved her employee, Billy, and his wife and son going into the country picking hops and gypsies are also involved. There is arson and thievery and although I sussed the "bad guy" early on, I wasn't aware of all his perfidies.

Coincidentally another book I'm reading on CD called THE INVISIBLE ONES also deals with gypsies in G.B. and it was a bit confusing. Can't remember the last time I'd encountered the subject. Had to put the one aside to finish this more clearly.

The usual leisurely pace and careful details of the time with the same reader as the last one -- Orlagh Someone (odd first name) who is an excellent performer. Sadness toward the end, but I won't mention what it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Incomplete Revenge.