Gohomelefty's Reviews > The Cupid War: All Love Is Warfare

The Cupid War by Timothy  Carter

Feb 28, 12

Read in February, 2012

I really liked this book in the beginning. There were some really great ideas, and I couldn't get over the giant cubes of love--That was hilarious. After getting half-way through the book though, the story seemed kinda rushed, and some of the transitions were a bit wonky. At one pivotal moment in the story, I turned the page and I thought I must have skipped a page or two, but no--The author just abandoned the scene, which was a shame, since it was so important. Dealing with a subject like depression and suicide, I thought the author should have gone a bit deeper, taken his time with certain things, but it just seemed like he was on a time crunch or something--Too bad. One thing that didn't add up for me is the idea that this boy would attempt suicide because of some girl he was simply hanging out with...If she had been his actual girlfriend, okay, but just an amiga, didn't really sell it for me. I know there were special circumstances, that she was like a dark spirit incarnate, but still... It might have helped if we had been given more background info on her too. Character development and motivation is always a plus. Anyway, I really liked the book, great concept, it just kinda fell apart during the second half for me--Too rushed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cupid War.