Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > Death of a Kitchen Diva

Death of a Kitchen Diva by Lee Hollis

Feb 29, 12

Read on February 28, 2012

This was a debut book that felt like the series had been going for several novels. What a treat to read. It had been recommended to me by a book reviewer, here on Goodreads and other sites, Ms. Nora-Adrienne Deret. I Thank you Nora!

Hayley Powell is a single mom with two children that have spirit and personalities that come alive and are believable. What fun.

Hayley, herself is a journalist and has just been promoted to a new column on Food and Spirits. The lady can make a cocktail and we are lucky the recipes are included. So, are the food entrees, which, we are trying tomorrow evening "Creamy Chicken Marsala." Back to the book...

Hayley writes her column as an essay on her daily life. It is a scream. Even when blamed for the murder of her rival food columnist (and not nice person,) Karen Applebaum, Hayley doesn't hide she writes about it!

Hayley and her best friends forever decide to solve the murder mystery themselves. It is done with humor, misadventure, and verve! You even like the Police involved.

This is a winning combination for me. Now to patiently wait for the next installment, "Death of a Country Fried Redneck" available in November 2012 by Kensington Mysteries.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Kitchen Diva.

02/28/2012 page 109