Amanda's Reviews > Marked

Marked by Kim Richardson

Feb 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on February 28, 2012

This book had an interesting concept and I enjoyed the world and the plot line. However, it didn't really pull me in and keep me hooked. Here were my hang ups with the book:

The time line jumped forward very quickly and it was hard to get a sense of how much time had passed in certain parts. For example, you know Kara is training, but how long did her initial training last?

The love interest/romance story just didn't work. I have no problem with love at first sight stories, if it shown and developed how the relationship works. That didn't happen in this book and I couldn't figure out the relationship. It wasn't love at first sight and you barely get a chance to see romance build between these characters. For me, it was a few scenes of them bantering back and forth and then they kiss and you don't know any more than that. Yet, she is apparently in love with him.

Some of the scenes were underdeveloped.

Overall, this had the potential to be an amazing book, but it just didn't quite get there. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad story (especially since I got it for free), there were just some things that didn't work for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.