Kristina's Reviews > By a Thread

By a Thread by Jennifer Estep

Feb 28, 12

Read in February, 2012

Gin is back-----Well, mostly.

After defeating Mab (the evil fire elemental 0 in the last book, Gin (aka The Spider) finds herself a little melancholy. Everyone either knows or assumes the owner and chef of the Pork Pit is the one and only Spider. Greatest Elemental Assassin ever (what can I say I’m partial)! Finn wants her to take a vacation—which I must say she definitely needs—after all, now that she has defeated Mab everyone is out for her head. They all want to claim the glory of killing The Spider (as if that will ever happen!) Ultimately Gin fights the vacation thing, but then after being attacked she decides maybe she does need a little R&R. So along with her new found sister, Bria, she heads to Blue Marsh. Kind of like a resort town, Blue Marsh was also home to her lost sister Bria for a long time. She is happy to be here, but there is still a lot of tension between her and her sister. After meeting Callie, Bria’s best friend, Gin finds herself a little jealous. All of this is new to her; she is not really an emotional kind of gal. So like The Spider has always known—there is never a break. Gin finds herself smack in the middle of a realty moguls attempts to take over Blue marsh. Callie has been threatened and now Gin must step in to save her sister’s best friend, and hopefully save her relationship with her sister at the same time. Along with Owen(Gin’s yummy man) Finn( the foster brother and Bria’s man) and a few other surprise people The Spider is back and taking no prisoners in her bid to free the world of one more asshole! (Excuse the language but that is just what he is!)

So, after anxiously awaiting this latest installment in the wonderful Elemental Assassins Series, I must say I was contemplating whether I would get as drawn into this one as I have all the previous ones. I was not let down! All the avid Spider fans out there will not be disappointed! I was instantly drawn into the story and it was amazing. I found myself not wanting to put the book down! I even stood at the stove reading while I was cooking! Gin is such a dynamic character—full of determination and always toughness. I loved how she had this whole new side to her where she started opening up to some of her feelings. You all need to go get the book ASAP!!!!!

So, I now find myself awaiting yet the next book in the series –SERIOUSLY—August cannot come soon enough!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By a Thread.