Sesana's Reviews > Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps, Vol. 2

Blackest Night by Geoff Johns

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: comics, superhumans
Read in March, 2012

There are three miniseries collected here, all tying into Blackest Night: Flash, JSA, and Wonder Woman. I'll get JSA out of the way: didn't care for it. This is probably because I had little to no background in these characters and the team in general, at least in part. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the Flash storyline, even though I'm on shaky ground there when it comes to backstory. Maybe it's because the Rogues, at least Captain Cold and Weather Wizard, are getting interesting to me, and the writing did a good job of juxtaposing Flash and Captain Cold. The Wonder Woman story was, of course, my favorite, even though the storyline was much more fragmented. This was probably out of necessity: Wonder Woman ended up playing a fairly prominent role in the main Blackest Night story, so Rucka ended up writing her scenes scattered throughout instead of one storyline, like the Flash and JSA books. But I really enjoy his take on Wonder Woman, so I still really liked it. As a whole, this collection rates 3.5 stars, and if the JSA part hadn't fallen so flat for me, it would be more like 4.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackest Night.