Missy Olive's Reviews > The Bungalow

The Bungalow by Sarah Jio

Feb 28, 12

Read from February 21 to 24, 2012

Sarah Jio is an amazing story teller! I fell in love with her writing style in Violets of March and she did not disappoint with The Bungalow.

As a reader, I just wanted to tell Anne what to do at many points in the story. Despite my objections, Anne did not listen to me as Sarah had her own thoughts in mind for Anne, Westry, and Kitty.

Everyone knows that I am a sucker for love stories. Well this love story has tangles, layers, and even suspense. I simply could not put it down.

The story begins in Seattle but quickly moves back in time to an island in the South Pacific during World War II. I am not a history buff and I have no idea if the references in the story align with historical facts. Honestly, I don't care because the story was so delightful that I never stopped to question the historical facts.

If you are ready to escape to Bora Bora, pick up a copy of The Bungalow and dive in today. You will not regret it. My only advice to you is to make sure that you have ample time to read because you will not be able to stop once you start.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bungalow.