Serena's Reviews > Overseas

Overseas by Beatriz Williams

May 03, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, general-fiction, 2012-books, historical-fiction, romance, suspense-mystery
Read from April 29 to May 03, 2012

I received this book through the First Reads program, and was thrilled to be able to read what appears to be a future best seller ahead of its release date.

I think I would give this book 4.5 stars if I could. The story was great, characters likeable, and the book sucked me right in. But I have a but if an aversion to romances where the characters talk nonstop about how much they love each other, blah blah. Strange statement for a fan of Nora Roberts, but whatever. There was a LOT of that sort of thing in this novel.

Very intriguing premise, lovely romance. In the final chapters, I figured out a huge mistake a character made, and was yelling at the book in my head. I did love the way everything ended up. I would like to see some expansion on the character who made time travel possible...interesting idea.

I'd highly recommend this book for fans of contemporary fiction, romance, and a little suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overseas.

04/29/2012 page 93
05/01/2012 page 212
46.0% "Love this book so far!"
show 3 hidden updates…